Re: Combination lock implementation

On 18 September 2013 14:25, Bram Geelen <bramgeelen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I didn't make it clear in any of the posts, but the amount of numbers is
> easily configurable:
> http://imgur.com/s2DOTDT
> http://imgur.com/OqoJSff
>
> That said, this implementation should not be used as a PIN unlocker. The
> current solution (with a 123 456 789 0 keypad I believe) is much better
> suited for that.
> Also, it wouldn't be clear how a PIN translates to a pattern, as there are
> multiple solutions: (example: PIN 1234)
> - tapping the code (not supported in my implementation) (as designed by
> LRDB)
> - returning to the center between every number (supported, but saved as [-1,
> 1, -1, 2, -1, 3, -1, 4, -1])
> - true combination lock (supported, but saved as [-1, 1, 2, 1, 0, 9, 8, 7,
> 6, 5, 4, 3, 4, -1])

I think that a variable pin length would work. If the lock accepts as
many numbers as you touch you can draw any pattern you like. Sure,
adding more numbers in a row does not add much randomness but you
should not be some artifical preconfigured hard limit. There should be
some way to add more arcs and a way to say you are done.

Michal