Re: Minimum viable google voice integration

I'm very interested in using google voice on ubuntu touch as well. I also
had to disable google hangouts, a move that worries me about the future of
google voice.

I guess you did know If you’d like to make a call from a different phone
> number but want to make your Google Voice number show up on the caller ID,
> you can use own Google number to place the call.
>
>    1. Call your own Google number.
>    2. Press 2.
>    3. Enter the number you want to call.
>    4. Press the pound # key.
>
> Possibly the easiest minimum level of google voice integration (I have no
idea what it would take to implement) would be something similar to what I
can do on my free pay as you go phone. I follow the exact same steps that
Hoovie gave above except I can save the whole process as a single number
with pauses inserted before and after step 2. So when I select a contact
the phone calls my google #, pauses, dials 2, pauses, then dials my
contacts number. When I save a contacts number into the phone it looks like
this 000-000-0000P2P000-000-0000#.

Are there any upcoming plans to build this sort of functionality into
ubuntu touch?