Re: URL Dispatcher information

On 09/18/2013 01:31 PM, Ted Gould wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Folks have been pushing me (rightfully so) to get a little more user friendly
> documentation out there about the URL Dispatcher.  I went ahead and wrote up
> this Wiki page:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/URLDispatcher
>
> For those that are looking for the source code for the service it is here:
>
> https://launchpad.net/url-dispatcher
>
> Thanks,

Thanks!

You said:
"QML applications can use Qt.openUrlExternally(string) method"

I used in a test QML app:
Qt.openUrlExternally("http://www.ubuntu.com";)

and when I click it (on the desktop), it uses xdg-open.
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/url-dispatcher/url-dispatcher is running in my
session. Are http URLs supported with what is in the archive now?