Re: Status of PyQt for 14.04

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Zygmunt Krynicki
<zygmunt.krynicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Hardware Certification team is currently working on some applications
> that are using the Ubuntu SDK. We'd like to migrate away from having to
> maintain C++ bridge to our existing python3 codebase and instead use python
> directly.
>
> We'd like to know the status of PyQt by the time we release 14.04.
>
> 1) Will PyQt work with Python3?
> 2) Will PyQt work with QML?
> 3) Will PyQt work with the QML components from the Ubuntu SDK?

This is something I'm interested in as well, and the answer to all
these questions seems to be yes.

Dmitry Shachnev made a little demo using Python3 and PyQt5 with Ubuntu
SDK components that I've successfully run on the phone:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~mitya57/pyqmldemo.py
http://people.ubuntu.com/~mitya57/pyqmldemo.qml

You need to be using the image with a writable file system and install
the python3-pyqt5.qtquick package.

The real unanswered question is whether PyQt5 will be available on the image.

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
   Debian Developer <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=asb>
   PGP/GPG Key ID: D53FDCB1