Re: Status of PyQt for 14.04

Em 25-09-2013 16:25, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio escreveu:
This is something I'm interested in as well, and the answer to all
these questions seems to be yes.

Dmitry Shachnev made a little demo using Python3 and PyQt5 with Ubuntu
SDK components that I've successfully run on the phone:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~mitya57/pyqmldemo.py
http://people.ubuntu.com/~mitya57/pyqmldemo.qml

You need to be using the image with a writable file system and install
the python3-pyqt5.qtquick package.

The real unanswered question is whether PyQt5 will be available on the image.

    Hi Andrew,

    Yeah, it runs (only) on Ubuntu 13.10 for PC !  I've used, for example :
$ APP_ID=PyQMLdemo ./pyqmldemo.py
and it opens a window and shows file contents.

Running the same command in Ubuntu Touch @ Nexus 4 shows the window but I can't type in the "Enter file name" field, neither the "Show" button seems to work. When I swipe from left to right, the program stops. Does anybody know how to run Python/PyQt5 programs inside Ubuntu Touch without these problems ?

    The discussions about this example :
https://plus.google.com/102795169786046713434/posts/imZAq7pcdR8
don't answer my above question.

        Regards,