Re: Library dependency support in click packages?

Le 30/09/2013 09:26, Michael Zanetti a écrit :
Additionally, some libraries in Ubuntu apparently don't ship static
files in their -dev packages. Once again, we could build those
statically by hand and include them but that's the kind of thing I was
hoping to avoid as an outcome of this discussion.
As "not having to worry about dependencies" is the whole point of click
packages I'm afraid that won't be the outcome of the discussion.
I think Scott was thinking about /build dependencies/, not runtime ones.

Having pre-built static libraries avaiable in -dev packages would simplify the development of applications using libraries absent from the SDK, but still part of the Ubuntu archive (main, universe, etc.).

David