Re: C++ app with QML UI

On 06.10.2013 22:14, brian larochelle wrote:
I been concentrating on the c++ back-end and only just began the QML. So
all you can expect to see is a white page with the text "TestPage".
If you'd like to see the source I can send you the link off list, I'd
like to keep that quiet until the UI gets a little usable and a bit more
c++ polish.

Right, found the problem - we expect the "Icon" entry to be there - you can leave it empty, but do not comment it out.

With a ~phablet/local/share/applications/feedly.desktop file like so:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=feedly
Comment=Feedly RSS Reader
Exec=./feedly
Icon=
Terminal=false
Type=Application
X-Ubuntu-Touch=true

I can run your app with (you don't need a full path to the .desktop file - just the app id is enough currently):

$ ./feedly --desktop_file_hint=feedly

This would probably be a part of bug #1204595¹. We also require the .desktop file to be in $XDG_DATA_PATHS/applications - so .local/share/applications/ or /usr/share/applications - but that's by design.

¹ https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu/+bug/1204595

Hope this helps!
--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>