Re: Installing click packages without Ubuntu-one

Le 2013-10-15 07:32, Didier Roche a écrit :
Le 14/10/2013 22:05, Nicolas Delvaux a écrit :

Final if you get a new ubuntu phone it will hopefully be able to do
what google does with android and set you up with all the apps you
have purchased/installed.
AFAIK it is already possible on the desktop (the "Sync Between
Computers" menu item). And it still allows the software center to be
used without an Ubuntu One account.

Actually, this feature is using an Ubuntu SSO (Ubuntu One) account.

Yes, but it still does not make the Ubuntu SSO account *mandatory* to install *any* app in USC.

To be clear, I have no problem with requiring SSO for specific features. The problem is that it is now required in all cases, even if there is no technical need for it. "This was implemented this way" is not a good reason IMHO. Bugs can be fixed.

About privacy, could someone point me to the privacy policy that covers the app listing for a user?
Is this some data that could be shared/sold to third parties?

Cheers,
Nicolas