Re: How do I know an app is safe to install?

On 15.10.2013 15:06, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
I am guessing that this is the biggest reason why apps were supposed to
be qml only at the beginning. Or the thought that all of them should be
qml only would avoid this issue. We are on a different path these days
from the looks of it.

I don't think that was ever a reason to use QML over anything else. Nor was it ever a plan to support *everything* with QML-only apps. One of the power of QML is exactly that you can do CPU-hungry things natively, so it was always a plan to support binaries in apps, as well as supporting closed-source apps. As Michael wrote - that's just the world we live in.

--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Services Ltd.