Re: Installing click packages without Ubuntu-one

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Michal Suchanek <hramrach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh yeah. Canonical values their statistics above usability of the
> service. Awesome.

Well, actually when the user is logged in we have more room to improve the
usability of the operating system for the most common cases, like sharing
contacts, purchases and configurations between devices.
Also, the statistics are needed to identify what are the most common cases
we should focus on.

It might be sad for you to hear this; but your complaint, despite being
loud and annoying, doesn't address the real problems most of our users are
having. It's still valid, and we will listen as long as it doesn't turn
into a pointless attack, and we will turn all the good points of the
discussion into bugs that will get a priority based on the resources we
have.

We don't have a lot of room to improve the work flow for users that decide
to opt-out from the experience we are designing and implementing. It's
mostly free software so their decision to opt-out comes with many tools
available to open that alternate way. Here's a bunch of projects where all
your contributions are welcome, and that can be used to improve your use
case, if you really care:

https://launchpad.net/click
https://launchpad.net/unity-scope-click/
https://launchpad.net/canonical-identity-provider
https://launchpad.net/ubuntuone-credentials
https://launchpad.net/u1db

Some of your comments are really unfair. We care so much about this
project, and we believe so much on the new paths we are opening that we
have chosen Ubuntu as the the place to spend all our work time, and Ubuntu
as the community to spend all our free time :)
Please take that into account when writing. If you think something is
wrong, you should complaint, that's ok. But if you really care, you should
listen too. We are doing our best, and sometimes that means making hard
decisions that some people might not like.

(oh, and this device doesn't suck at all!!!! :D)

pura vida.
--
¡paz y baile!
http://one.ubuntu.com