Re: PyOtherSide: Asynchronous Python Bindings for Qt 5

On Oct 21, 2013, at 03:31 PM, Jamie Strandboge wrote:

>So, if the app shipped the entire python interpreter we should be able to get
>away with not having to update the application confinement policy.
>
>However, shipping the interpreter is cumbersome, and I think what is really
>being asked is if app developers could reliably make use of system python
>interpreter. This would require updates for app confinement (which is
>solvable), but more importantly, click packages don't have a concept of
>dependencies beyond the framework that is declared in their click manifest,
>so to be sure that a python app worked on a given device, python needs to be
>an official part of the ubuntu-sdk-xx.xx framework.

Please note too that we don't want to ship Python 2 on the touch images for
14.04, so if you're going to use Python make sure it's Python 3.  Right now
touch images still get Python 2 (only for autopilot I think - LP: #1242835)
but we're working on getting rid of that.

-Barry