Re: PyOtherSide: Asynchronous Python Bindings for Qt 5

On 22 October 2013 02:43, Rodrigo Belem <rodrigo.belem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can help you to get it working. My nick is rbelem and I'm at #ubuntu-touch
> channel. BTW, I was wondering if pyotherside can make pyside applications
> work with qt5. I want to port openwhatsapp[0] to ubuntu touch.

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks! I'll look out for you on IRC.

With regards to porting openwhatsapp, as long as the logic side is
isolated nicely from the UI side (which at a glance looks like it may
be!), then yes - it should be possible to build a new UI using
PyOtherSide. However, PyQt might be an easier direct swap - it
requires a GPL license (which openwhatsapp has). I haven't had a play
with PyQt 5 yet though.

--
Matt
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx