Re: Should we remove cdimage-[touch,legacy]?

Em 02-11-2013 18:09, Chris Wayne escreveu:
Hi Guys,

As far as I know, cdimage-[touch,legacy] are really no longer used/maintained. Should we remove them from documentation/phablet-flash? If they're no longer used I think keeping them adds unnecessary confusion.

If we're okay with removing them from the docs/phablet-flash, I'm happy to do the work, I just wanted to check and make sure it's the correct thing to do.

Thanks
Chris

    Hi,

In this email "System images now the recommended way to deploy and update Ubuntu Touch", from Stéphane Graber in 05/09/2013 :
https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg04004.html
it was said :
"...announce that the *system images are now the recommended way*...
Those new images *are read-only* except for a few selected files and for
the user profile and data, this is a base requirement for the delta
updates to work properly.

However *if the work you're doing requires installation of extra**
**non-click packages, such as developing on your device using the SDK*, you
have two options:

1) *Stick to the current flipped images which* *we'll continue to generate**
**    for the foreseeable future*.

 2) Use the experimental writable flag by doing touch
    /userdata/.writable_image and rebooting your device."

So I ask the Ubuntu Touch community : aren't cdimage-touch images not maintained anymore ? 2 months after the cited email ? Please clarify.

        Regards,

        Roberto