Re: [DEVELOPMENT] How to create Android/Ubuntu zip files when building from source?

Once again, below is my understanding, hopefully somebody correct me if I'm
wrong.

trusty-preinstalled-touch-armel+mako.zip contains
  1. boot.img, i.e. kernel + rootfs. This is what you can build for your
source tree. Note that in your case, roofs is not the original android
rootfs, it is phablet-specific rootfs, you can find it in
out/target/product/<target>/ubuntu-root. Take an attention to scripts/touch
in it...
  2. /system folder content (it is similar to your's
out/target/product/<target>/system).
This content is not used to boot the target (i.e. it is not used by init
process, initrd for ubuntu), it should become the content of LXC container.
  3. scripts for autodeployment in recovery (META-INF folder)

So, you do not need this zip for your own build.

trusty-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip contains the ubuntu itself. It also
contains the scripts for autodeployment, but it is deployed into
/data/ubuntu folder, while your initrd is expecting it in /data/system.img
(well, it also checks for /data/ubuntu, but I suppose this will work only
if ubuntu itself is started from within container, i.e. the old flipped
model).