Landing task call 22.11.2013

Hey guys,

After some days of excellent virtual UDS, we are back (but don't mislead, we didn't stop in the meantime ;))! The CI infrastructure moved to 1ss has slow down what we could deliver the last couple of weeks. But we still did some good work (I'm summarizing the big noticeable changes in recent images below). The impacts from this move are now almost all fixed (still some small niggles to get to), but our velocity should be back to 100% starting next week!

Here are the big changes spinned in previous images:
Images 20 to 23 were regular snapshots taken from the distribution to take latest packages flying, mostly synced or merged from Debian (but at this time, we couldn't get test results due to the infra move, so just for dogfooding purpose). Images 24 got latest and greatest from our sdk, fixing some recent regressions in backward compatibility. In addition, click apps are now able to load their translations at startup. Images 25 and 26 have some fixes for serial console shell on android and bring ubuntu console support for the emulator. In addition, new system-settings for settings lover :)
Image 27 has seen a new Mir transition + click apparmor fixes.

We prepared as well the base layer to get latest unity8 to the archive with their new packages.

There are some issues we need to keep on the radar:
* dpkg changed recently its logic to fix the way it's handling debian/source/format. This created some issues in incorrect packages like autopilot-gtk. We are going through them and fixing that. However, upstream merger is expecting something else and we need to work with the CI team to fix the logic there. * we fixed some latest quirks on the migration move for the CI infrastructure, we need to ensure that the fixes are working and there is not new areas of failures. * it seems there is a GSM/Wifi regression on the phone. But it looks like being magically fixed on image 27 (not showing up anymore). We are kicking image 28 with click updates and some unrelated changes (archive changes) to see if we can still reproduce those disconnection issues. * powerpc had some failures due to the toolchain changing, some packages needs to be rebuilt so that we can fix the failure to builds and get the indicators released (that will enable having some crashes fixed as well in saucy desktop) * some components were uploaded manually to distro, we are reconciliating the branches

And here is where we are, the test results are better overall, but not stellar, working with the core apps team to ensure that we can go back to green and all fixes are merged and delivered!

Cheers,
Didier