Some tips to solve issues while installing TouchEmulator from scratch on an AMD64-system (Trusty)... and some problems

Greetings everybody!

When you are trying to follow the step-by-step instructions on wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Emulator to build and install the Touch-emulator from scratch on an AMD64-system (Trusty), you might run into issues. In order to successfully complete the install I had to manually apt-get these additional packages:

 * schedtool
 * default-jdk
 * gcc-4.8-multilib
 * g++-4.8-multilib

The best time to get those is before you trigger "phablet-dev-bootstrap emulator". For some reason "sudo apt-get build-dep android" did not automatically resolve this. I'm not even sure if that's meant to happen. If others also run into this too, it is probably not just an odd quirk on my system and I gladly add this to the wiki. But unless nobody else comes across these problems, I don't want to "pollute" the wiki-instructions with unnecessary steps.

When I got to the step "./build/tools/build-emulator-sdcard.sh" the script exists with an error reading...

 * "cp: cannot stat 'out/target/product/generic//system.img': No such
   file or directory"

... but I've a file called "ubuntu-system.img" in out/target/product/generic. It it just missing a symlink to it or is this a simple typo in the script?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards...

Mirco

Follow ups