Re: Some tips to solve issues while installing TouchEmulator from scratch on an AMD64-system (Trusty)... and some problems

On 22 November 2013 12:28, Mirco Müller <mirco.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings everybody!
>
>     When you are trying to follow the step-by-step instructions on
> wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Emulator to build and install the Touch-emulator from
> scratch on an AMD64-system (Trusty), you might run into issues. In order to
> successfully complete the install I had to manually apt-get these additional
> packages:
>
> schedtool
> default-jdk
> gcc-4.8-multilib
> g++-4.8-multilib
>
>     The best time to get those is before you trigger "phablet-dev-bootstrap
> emulator". For some reason "sudo apt-get build-dep android" did not
> automatically resolve this. I'm not even sure if that's meant to happen. If
> others also run into this too, it is probably not just an odd quirk on my
> system and I gladly add this to the wiki. But unless nobody else comes
> across these problems, I don't want to "pollute" the wiki-instructions with
> unnecessary steps.
>
> When I got to the step "./build/tools/build-emulator-sdcard.sh" the script
> exists with an error reading...
>
> "cp: cannot stat 'out/target/product/generic//system.img': No such file or
> directory"
>
> ... but I've a file called "ubuntu-system.img" in
> out/target/product/generic. It it just missing a symlink to it or is this a
> simple typo in the script?

build-emulator-sdcard.sh creates ubuntu-system.img.

out/target/product/generic/system.img should be compiled during the build.
(it's the android system image)

Can you give the output of (compressed and/or pastebin) of output of
your envsetup.sh, lunch and make calls?

Regards,

Dmitrijs.