[Design] Vertical scrolling in dash is hard to grasp

Hi!

While using Ubuntu on the phone I am faced a constant problem i.e. I am not
able to find the app I want to run in the Dash, even though its clearly
infront of me. The reason for that is the type of scrolling that we have in
the dash makes the position of apps icon unpredictable.

Expand the 'Installed' category and trying to look for Calendar can be a
bit of an exercise since the location of that icon may not be at the same
part of the screen the last time you opened that app. I think the common
scrolling pattern that we see in HTC sense is going to ease this case for
us. i.e. a vertical flick scrolls whole page and is not progressive.

Perhaps there are other ideas around that concept that I am not aware of ?

Thanks!

Follow ups