Re: A video from the app purchase kickoff sprint

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Зонов Роман <roman2861@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Firstly, I think, that we must stop use WebView when we buy an application. We must have fully native interface. I'm talking about desktop too.

Very dynamic pieces of the system like payments and authentication are
going to move over to be webviews, because there is going to be a lot
of changes in currencies, payment methods, authentication layers (2
factor authentication, captchas, etc), and experience has shown us
that shipping that UI in the client as native is always inadequate in
the short term.
So in order to be able to provide smart and continued security levels,
we will authenticate Ubuntu One via a WebView, and in order to support
current and future payment options, we will also do the actual payment
confirmation in a WebView.

So this a conscious and thought-out a trade off we're taking here, you
can see other platforms have eventually had to go down this path as
well.

Obviously the UI presented in this demo, as it's called out several
times, is nothing like the final UI, which will feel smoother than
this.

--
Martin