Re: OSK regression [was: Re: Ubuntu touch images - 11.12.13]

Michał Sawicz [2013-12-12 12:37 +0100]:
> Actually I don't think that's true. It became difficult to swipe the
> keyboard down indeed, when we moved to Mir, for input routing
> reasons.

This didn't start with moving to Mir, but only with the recent image
(57). It has certainly worked to swipe down from above the OSK (like,
starting to the left of the "Send" button) to the bottom screen edge.

> You can still swipe it down when starting your swipe between the top
> edge of the OSK and the top row of keys.

> There's ideas to improve that (i.e. you should be able to swipe down
> *anywhere* on the keyboard to swipe it down, really), I believe
> Jouni filed a bug, can't find it now, though...

Indeed, and that's how it worked until recently.

Oliver Grawert [2013-12-12 13:08 +0100]:
> Strange, I can close it fine here ... admittedly hitting the tiny bar at
> the top of the OSK is hard to close it (IIRC there was a bug open about
> it) but that has been the case since day one.

See above, not since day one.

So either this has worked by accident in saucy and trusty until
recently or it is a regression. I guess the question is how it should
behave (and also, we so much need the SDK to provide an emulator for
that, LP#1239753)?

To a large extent this is also a design problem in messaging-app. It's
next to impossible to find out how to close the OSK after sending a
message in order to go back to the message list. Neither Tiago nor I
managed to accidentally stumble over hitting this small area even
after lots of trying. Perhaps after hitting "Send" it should
automatically close the OSK if it is meant to be so utterly hard to
close by hand?

Funnily I just now discovererd that you can also close the OSK with a
double-tap above it (in the empty area left of the Send button).

Does anyone know some actual specification for the intended behaviour,
so that we can encode that in the test?

Thanks,

Martin