ubuntu touch image 13.12.13

Hey,

I realized late in the day that it was Friday 13th. But I guess today really represented the legend of unluckiness :)

On image #63:
- we notably had, among other changes from distro some click packages fixes (music, notes and weather) to fix some AP issues! However, weather had an issue in its tests, making them all failing on mako and maguro (a missing function called in setUp(), this clearly couldn't pass). Seems we need to add some more tools to ensure that the testing environment that people run manually is really testing what you have installed as it seems to have passed the testing phase of 3 different persons. ;)

On image #64:
- we had unity8, but missing the qmenumodel part. So published it early this morning. The unity8 + qmenumodel (with some delay due to a new arch enabled on launchpad, but with more harness to protect against it now) upload is fixing quite a lot of AP test failures (more safety prevention) as well as the race in messaging https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1253810. Nice! - the ofono regression (race which will get you without GSM/sms) was thought to be due to a missing lxc-android-config upload, published early this morning as well. However, it seemed in the end that the real fix was needed in ofono (the other change was still needed in the long term to activate the new features though). The ofono fix from Tony was reviewed and uploaded by Ricardo. So fixed in that image! - we reverted in the click store the weather app version to get back to one where the tests can run.

However, on that image, we had a blocking issue. On the next upgrade, you would have seen an error message before reboot: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-image/+bug/1260712. This is due to a change in the service API without the needed UI change (the API change was discussed on that ML, but nobody had the time to do the UI work and nothing in the system-image package prevented it to go in without the UI adaptation). So a quick hacky fix was done and uploaded. However, we missed the promotion of image #64 because of that one, the dogfood test results were good though.

Image #65:
This is the currently in testing image with the system-image fix. We cross fingers that no other regression will come in and will block us for promoting (however, the results will arrive late).

Now, on the going green:
* ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Zoltan):
One flaky test (fail on maguro, not on mako)
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/55:20131209.1:20131203/5355/ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot/559350/
-> The proposed fix is merged: https://code.launchpad.net/~kalikiana/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/eventuallyCompareText2/+merge/198750 <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Ekalikiana/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/eventuallyCompareText2/+merge/198750> -> we are waiting for a landing ask on a well tested ubuntu-ui-toolkit version.

* ubuntu-weather-app (Nicholas):
-> released and in image 60. However image 62 is still showing 3 failures on both mako and maguro:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/62:20131212.1:20131211.2/5420/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/62:20131212.1:20131211.2/5423/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/
-> we already talked about the regression making all tests failing on image 63 and the revert to the image 62 weather app version. It seems a fix is under review: https://code.launchpad.net/~nskaggs/ubuntu-weather-app/fix-rev164-test/+merge/198955.

* music-app (Nicholas):
Less flacky with latest version, but still getting randomely:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/63:20131213:20131211.2/5429/music-app-autopilot/568784/

* calendar-app (Nicholas):
4 flaky tests failing on maguro. Maybe will worth a look to see if something didn't disturb the environment and it's not protected against it.
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/55:20131209.1:20131203/5355/calendar-app-autopilot/
-> Seems Nicholas can't reproduce it, I think it's still under investigation, right?
-> would appreciate knowing progress on that one.

* terminal-app (Nicholas):
Enter and backspace broken in terminal: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1257791 -> seems that it's not terminal-app related (jdstrand reproduce it with an older version of the terminal app). Nicholas, can you work on figuring out where the issue relies?

* messaging-app (Bill):
One failure test on mako
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/55:20131209.1:20131203/5356/messaging-app-autopilot/558958/
-> You saw some discussion between Martin and Bill on this ML. Seems there is an agreement for the workaround (as it's an intended design). A version will land shortly (it's in the landing ask), so for soon ;)

* notes-app (Bill)
-> Seems fixed by the new release \o/

* webbrowser-app (Bill)
Replacing with http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/57:20131210.1:20131203/5375/webbrowser-app-autopilot/ (as previous link was invalidated it seems) -> The apps team thinks the issue is due to something else that webbrowser app. I saw Thomi was pinged on it as it's linked to the apps not being launched/not being recognized as being launch, Thomi, can you shed some light on this (even maybe adding more debugs I guess)? -> No information on that one. we have a very bad run btw on image #64 where all tests failed in the same way (probably same cause): https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/trusty-touch-mako-smoke-webbrowser-app-autopilot/72/ <https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/trusty-touch-mako-smoke-webbrowser-app-autopilot/72/artifact/><https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/trusty-touch-maguro-smoke-ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/53/>.

* unity8 (Kevin)
So, with the new unity8 release in, we have, as said a bug fixed and less test failures. However, there are still some random failing tests:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/64:20131213.1:20131211.2/5443/unity8-autopilot/
-> I think this will need investigation

* Mir (Kevin)
On the abort when blancking/unblanking blank screen: old crasher that is now really easy to reproduce (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1258655) -> Kevin told it's under further investigation and it seems to be Mir-related.

* Indicators (thostr)
- clocked switched to 24h format (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu/+bug/1256061) -> seems the "find guilty" game continues and now it's indicator-datetime ;) Just saw a branch is proposed

Adding:
* upstart-app-launch (thostr)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/upstart-app-launch/+bug/1260079
- regression (but already in recent promoted images) found by Jamie. A branch is proposed

Phew, end of this list! I'm still hoping that we can announce a good news like promoting image #65 (late), let's cross fingers.

Cheers,
Didier
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-image/+bug/1260712>

Follow ups