Re: Landing team 10.12.13

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 6:29 AM, Paul Larson <paul.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> +Thomi - is there any way to tell the difference between the app not
> being started and autopilot not finding it?

The upstart codepath makes this obvious, and the new autopilot version
that's coming soon makes this more obvious for the non-upstart codepath as
well. Essentially there's two failure modes:

1) The app exited before we were able to find a dbus interface. This
usually means the app crashed.
2) No dbus interface was found that belonged to the application that was
launched.

We're waiting on one final branch to land in autopilot before I submit a
landing ask for the autopilot tool, so you should see some improvements in
the error reporting soon!

Cheers,

P.S.- while I certainly don't mind people asking me autopilot questions
directly, we now have an entire team of four people dedicated to the
autopilot tool. The "Tools and Trust" (or TnT for short :) team are here to
help you! They are myself, Chris Lee, Corey Goldberg and Max Brustkern.
Please feel free to ping any one of us when you see problems with the
autopilot tool itself.

--
Thomi Richards
thomi.richards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx