Landing team 08.01.14

Hey everyone,

Images 117 and 118 have been built. However, due to a new version of base-passwd (thanks Sivaa for finding it after reverting one after another all new components in the image!) which showed a bad behavior from ofono-phonesim, we had a lot of tests failing on messaging-app and dialer-app. Colin investigated and fixed the issue in ofono-phonesim. The version is building in the archive as we speak.

If someone is then still around, we'll have image 119 kicked with that fix (or it will be automatically built tomorrow morning with the cron job)

At the same time, we continued to get the whole system back in shape (as we had a lot of manual uploads to distro during holidays). This work will continue tomorrow.

We also had quite some releases that will be part of image 119:
* new Mir stack (with the traditional mir, unity-system-compositor, platform-api and unity-mir). This version contains the last month of work with a lot of bug fixes, integration tests enhancement to help bring ups of touch on community devices, and good improvement on the flakyness of some tests. Awesome work!
* powerd fix that we waiting on (see below!)
* some theming changes for cordova
* some test framework updates.
* 2 ubuntu-system-settings releases to test different case for the new CI train delivery system. This has been done hand in hand as a prototype with Sébastien and it worked quite well. Some refinement is going to be done, but good perspective on that project. :)

Ok, now, let's look again at the list of pending issues to be fully green:

notes_app (Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/112:20140105:20131223.2/5882/notes-app-autopilot/638428/
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/notes-app-autopilot/
-> being looked at

gallery_app (Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/gallery-app-autopilot/
-> a fix have been proposed to be released, scheduled now for next batch

weather-app (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/109:20140103.1:20131223.2/5859/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/
-> being looked at

ubuntu-ui-toolkit (zoltan):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot/
-> was tried to be fixed, but seems it wasn't enough, reopened.

clock-app (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/
-> being looked at

calendar-app (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/calendar-app-autopilot/
-> being looked at

dialer_app crash (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/114:20140106:20131223.2/5903/dialer-app-autopilot/
-> being looked at

powerd issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1258655
-> should be fixed in next image.

terminal app (Nicholas):
We had this regression last month, it's on the list as well for blocking new terminal app release (keyboard not working with it): https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1257791
-> Nicholas is aware and working on it with upstream.

And that's it for today, see you tomorrow!
Cheers,
Didier