Landing team 10.11.14

Hello everyone

The unstable Ubuntu Touch image is now at its latest and finest with image 121 which has just been promoted!

It contains:
* some new system-settings updates (as part of the continuing citrain new CI developer experience)
* session migration user data support
* some theme changes.
* gallery-app AP tests fix (and for now, in image 120 and 121, we didn't see the issue again \o/)

Note that 121 has some tests failing on maguro, which are still part of the list below, so let's continue working on those. There are as well some crashers, listed under it. The Unity 8 crash with the smashed stacktrace are investigated (see the other thread).

The CI machinery has now merged all uploads that happened during holidays and is fully functional. The whole team is at full steam now enabling new projects that will be ship in the incoming images (properties-cpp, mediascanner v2...)

So, let's continue on the going green side, we have a lot of information in different threads, so I tried to sum them up here:

notes_app (Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/112:20140105:20131223.2/5882/notes-app-autopilot/638428/ -> This one seems to need some more information to understand what happens (the toolbar is not closing). The CI team is asked if they can help providing some video for it.

http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/notes-app-autopilot/
-> Fix is submitted \o/. We are waiting for the green light for a release :)

weather-app (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/109:20140103.1:20131223.2/5859/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/
-> Networking failure. Seems it will need a mock to not rely on network.

ubuntu-ui-toolkit (zoltan):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot/ -> The team has reproduced this and determined that the osk is not always being hidden when an app is quit or terminates unexpectedly. -> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-mir/+bug/1267550, should Kevin get the ownership on this then? Greyback is working on it.

clock-app (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/ -> From Nicholas: "Still looking to reproduce -- the emulator won't run clock atm, investigating. Xnox, I see you seem to have results (passing), but I've only gotten crashes."

calendar-app (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/calendar-app-autopilot/
-> Reproduced in the emulator and fix is in the work!

dialer_app crash (Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/114:20140106:20131223.2/5903/dialer-app-autopilot/
-> The team is looking into it

terminal app (Nicholas):
We had this regression last month, it's on the list as well for blocking new terminal app release (keyboard not working with it): https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1257791 -> The issue was investigated and found that konsole qml plugin is what needs work. The plugin author is having a look would be useful to fixing this, so waiting for his response before continuing.

Thanks everyone and enjoy your week-end!
Didier

Follow ups