Re: Landing team 10.11.14

On 10 January 2014 17:27, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> The unstable Ubuntu Touch image is now at its latest and finest with image
> 121 which has just been promoted!
>
> It contains:
> * some new system-settings updates (as part of the continuing citrain new CI
> developer experience)
> * session migration user data support
> * some theme changes.
> * gallery-app AP tests fix (and for now, in image 120 and 121, we didn't see
> the issue again \o/)
>
> Note that 121 has some tests failing on maguro, which are still part of the
> list below, so let's continue working on those. There are as well some
> crashers, listed under it. The Unity 8 crash with the smashed stacktrace are
> investigated (see the other thread).
>
> The CI machinery has now merged all uploads that happened during holidays
> and is fully functional. The whole team is at full steam now enabling new
> projects that will be ship in the incoming images (properties-cpp,
> mediascanner v2…)
>
> So, let's continue on the going green side, we have a lot of information in
> different threads, so I tried to sum them up here:
>
> notes_app (Bill):
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/112:20140105:20131223.2/5882/notes-app-autopilot/638428/
> -> This one seems to need some more information to understand what happens
> (the toolbar is not closing). The CI team is asked if they can help
> providing some video for it.

In the emulator, 23 tests pass, with two "alt+f4" tests skipped.

> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/notes-app-autopilot/
> -> Fix is submitted \o/. We are waiting for the green light for a release :)
>
> weather-app (Nicholas):
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/109:20140103.1:20131223.2/5859/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/
> -> Networking failure. Seems it will need a mock to not rely on network.

In the emulator (with full networking available) only:
<testcase classname="ubuntu_weather_app.tests.test_locationmanager.TestLocationManager"
name="test_location_lookup(with touch)" time="70.354">
fails.

> ubuntu-ui-toolkit (zoltan):
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot/
> -> The team has reproduced this and determined that the osk is not always
> being hidden when an app is quit or terminates unexpectedly.
> -> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-mir/+bug/1267550, should
> Kevin get the ownership on this then? Greyback is working on it.
>
> clock-app (Nicholas):
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/
> -> From Nicholas: "Still looking to reproduce -- the emulator won't run
> clock atm, investigating. Xnox, I see you seem to have results (passing),
> but I've only gotten crashes."

Latest run, i get State not found for class MainView, and then cascade
of app not launched. So 12 errors in total.

> calendar-app (Nicholas):
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/calendar-app-autopilot/
> -> Reproduced in the emulator and fix is in the work!

Yeah, stable results, with actual asserts failing - unexpected # of
things matched.

> dialer_app crash (Bill):
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/114:20140106:20131223.2/5903/dialer-app-autopilot/
> -> The team is looking into it

dialer app tests all pass in the emulator.

> terminal app (Nicholas):
> We had this regression last month, it's on the list as well for blocking new
> terminal app release (keyboard not working with it):
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1257791
> -> The issue was investigated and found that konsole qml plugin is what
> needs work. The plugin author is having a look would be useful to fixing
> this, so waiting for his response before continuing.
>
> Thanks everyone and enjoy your week-end!
> Didier

What about .crash files of any type that are generated? E.g. across
the board for #121 I see recoverable errors logged against notes-app
click, about failures from click hook about icon:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/notes-app/+bug/1267882

Regards,

Dimitri.