Re: Device-Specific configs in debs

On 01/15/2014 03:43 PM, Sergio Schvezov wrote:

> On 15/01/14 15:56, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
>> On 01/15/2014 12:49 PM, Alex Chiang wrote:
>>> Yes, probably.

>>> I agree that most enablement-specific stuff would go into the device
>>> tarball, and probably many of the existing examples cwayne provided
>>> fall into that category.
>>>
>> How are the contents of the device tarball being applied? Before or after 'ro'?
>> Something else? (sorry that I don't know the specifics here)
>
> Today it's just the android relevant bits and the image based upgrader does all
> the work. I don't see why we couldn't add on to that (or create a new tarball
> for these ubuntu side device specific bits).
>
> Here's a random device tarball:
> https://system-image.ubuntu.com/pool/device-fdb17a59b347dad3d3f2415365de3879b410271cd304f592f65cb22a0ae70cb6.tar.xz

One thing I forgot to mention on the apparmor bits is if the policy uses an
#include file or directory, that include file or directory must exist.
apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu makes sure that /usr/share/apparmor/hardware/* exist,
which is why packages are then free to drop files in there. We could make the
/usr/share/apparmor/hardware/* read/write on the image though, and the device
tarball can sprinkle policy files in there. We could also ensure that
/custom/.../apparmor/hardware/* exists on all images (apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu
could create the directories), but that seems less tidy.

Also, the OEMs can of course work with us to add the policy to the packages
before hand, but I understand this may not always work.