Re: Device-Specific configs in debs

On 01/15/2014 04:34 PM, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> On 01/15/2014 03:43 PM, Sergio Schvezov wrote:

>>> How are the contents of the device tarball being applied? Before or after 'ro'?
>>> Something else? (sorry that I don't know the specifics here)
>>
>> Today it's just the android relevant bits and the image based upgrader does all
>> the work. I don't see why we couldn't add on to that (or create a new tarball
>> for these ubuntu side device specific bits).
>>
>> Here's a random device tarball:
>> https://system-image.ubuntu.com/pool/device-fdb17a59b347dad3d3f2415365de3879b410271cd304f592f65cb22a0ae70cb6.tar.xz
>>

> One thing I forgot to mention on the apparmor bits is if the policy uses an
> #include file or directory, that include file or directory must exist.
> apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu makes sure that /usr/share/apparmor/hardware/* exist,
> which is why packages are then free to drop files in there. We could make the
> /usr/share/apparmor/hardware/* read/write on the image though, and the device
> tarball can sprinkle policy files in there. We could also ensure that
> /custom/.../apparmor/hardware/* exists on all images (apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu
> could create the directories), but that seems less tidy.
>
> Also, the OEMs can of course work with us to add the policy to the packages
> before hand, but I understand this may not always work.

Sergio reminded me that the unpack of the device tarball happens during the
update phase, before we go to readonly. As such, wouldn't it be reasonable to
stick with the current plan in:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2013-September/037654.html
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxc-android-config/+bug/1197133

and ship the apparmor device accesses as part of lxc-android-config, and just
have OEMs drop their udev rules in /usr/lib/lxc-android-config/ and their
apparmor device accesses in /usr/share/apparmor/hardware/.... The porting
guide[1] has language for modifying lxc-android-config for these things
already-- perhaps it should be updated to include instructions on using the
device tarball mechanism?

[1]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting#AppArmor