Re: Question about off-topic comments in core-apps code

Hi,

Le 03/02/2014 14:45, Michael Spencer a écrit :
Hello,

I'm very sorry if that comment offended you in any way. I'd be happy to
remove that if Canonical wants, but let me point out several things
about that code.

First, that code was not written for Canonical or the File Manager. It
was written for a PERSONAL library of mine called ubuntu-ui-extras
(https://github.com/iBeliever/ubuntu-ui-extras), specifically for a
Bible application I'm developing called uBible.

That's why I clearly wrote "...specially when it's an open-source app under the responsibility of an international company."

In that context, the comment makes perfect sense. BibleTime, a Gtk Bible
program, has a similar comment in its header.

IMHO, you can write what you want in source code of your personal projects. But only them ! ;-)

Secondly, that comment is not advertising or such - it is part of the
header, just like the license is, and is there as a reminder for myself
and other Bible-believing developers to use our talents for God's glory.

I absolutely do not agree with you : lines 2-4 are religious proselytism included in a legal header. It's not fair at all to say that hey are part of the legal header.

Thirdly, I checked with Alan Pope and he said to leave the original
license in since it was taken from a library, though I do not think he
read the actual license header.

Once again, I'm very sorry if that comment offended you in any way and I
can remove that if Canonical wants.

while I was writing this message, Alan and you answered and acknowledged to remove the comment : glad to read it !

Thanks,

Michel Renon