Re: Landing team 25.02.14

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Not a lot to add compared to this morning status email, we still hold the
> line on touch landings which are not targeting fixing the current image
> issues.
>
> we got image #207 containing:
> * the music-app fix for the regression mentioned yesterday, overwriting thus
> our revert
> * some langpacks refresh
> * some python and other platform changes inherited from the rest of the
> archive like gcc and libc6
>
> You will notice on http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/ that the
> idling counting is now fixed thanks to Paul, getting us an easier way to
> reflect reality.
>
> On the current regressions, here are some refresh:
>
> 1. The most common one: StateNotFoundError issue (Julien)
> Bill opened
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/autopilot/+bug/1284316. I tried to
> revert and rerun with some of the most obvious components which can have an
> impact without any success. I think we need the autopilot guys to help on
> that one and see if they can dig the exact issue (weird that the android 4.4
> switch has any side-effect on that one). Julien, can you help getting them
> looking at the bug Bill opened (I added as well weather-app as a very easy
> way to reproduce those issues)?
>
> 2. Unity8 (Michał/Ricardo)
> It seems there is a crash, debug symbols on the android side are building,
> Michał and Ricardo are looking into those. Seems it's maybe not Android-side
> related but a gcc 4.7 vs 4.8 ABI mismatch. Ricardo is trying to disable tls
> for more information.

We're still investigating the issue, but what we noticed yesterday:
1 - Missing android system properties hooks, added with latest hybris upload
2 - It's quite hard to reproduce the crash at the first time, but then
it gets way easier (e.g a crash at every 5 starts)
3 - Crash only happens when starting Unity8 (and you have to start it
at least 40 times to get the first crash)
4 - Also happens when building platform-api, location-service and
libdbus-cpp with 4.8
5 - Happens with android TLS disabled as well
6 - Happens with and without system-compositor
7 - It always crashes in the heap, which makes it quite hard to debug
(useless trace)

It's not that critical as it only crashes when starting unity8, and
not that frequently either, but it's good to get it fixed as well.

> 6. Voice call not working properly after the first call (Ricardo/David H.)
> David was pinged on that one and looking with Ricardo closing to it.

In progress.

> 7. Camera freezes after taking photo on Nexus 4 (which is making the camera
> AP tests failing) (Sergio)
> Sergio is working on that one.

Also in progress.

> 8. A pulseaudio high CPU usage due to switch on and off CPU (Ricardo/David
> H.)
> This one is fixed by a pulseaudio version (stuck in proposed due to beta
> freeze for now).

We also pushed one additional fix to make pulseaudio to consume way
less cpu now (also blocked, freeze).

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo