Re: Landing team 26.02.14

Le 27/02/2014 06:04, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo a écrit :
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 1:44 AM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo
<ricardo.salveti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo
<ricardo.salveti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey,

Some desktop only update are still flowing in through CI Train, however, we
are still blocked by not being able to get one image promotable.

Otherwise, two images were produced:
#208 contained the second part of the sdk fix for the alarm
#209 contains a libhybris change to protect bionic properties call.

Here are the updates on current known regressions:

2. Unity8 (Michał/Ricardo)
It seems there is a crash, debug symbols on the android side are building,
Michał and Ricardo are looking into those. Seems it's maybe not Android-side
related but a gcc 4.7 vs 4.8 ABI mismatch. Ricardo is trying to disable tls
for more information.

The investigation is still ongoing with Ricardo trying to disable multiple
flags to see if that helps.
We spent some more time on this issue, and were able to check that
it's not related with Unity8 itself, but with Qt (v8 engine). It
crashes in the heap when it's trying to find the inline function
generator, which is the same crash we had with qmlscene and
gallery-app.

That's probably why removing the android TLS blocks, and also dropping
any pthread allocation inside libhybris didn't make any difference.
We're not yet sure what might be causing this behavior now, but hard
to say it's really because of 4.4.2 at this point.
I just just able to get the same crash using Manta with 202 (4.2.2) +
current archive updates (now testing with just 202 to see if we got a
regression somehow). This shows that it's not directly related with
4.4.2 itself, so I imagine it probably just made it easier to happen
on mako.
Alright, flashed manta again with 202 and already got the crash during
first boot.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x4160d8f8 in ?? ()

current build number: 202
device name: manta
channel: trusty-proposed
last update: 2014-02-27 04:50:01
version version: 202
version ubuntu: 20140222.1
version device: 20140115.1

So it is indeed not related with 4.4.2.

Hey Ricardo!

Nice investigation. Ok, so the old crash that we didn't get a fix for (because it was 5.0 and 5.2 was around the corner) is finally hitting us as I was fearing when we, as a team, didn't investigate it. However, something changed on the platform to make it way more often now? I guess all the dbus timeout (as the app/service crashes) and other issues are due to that. So instance of having one crash on the whole testsuite (550 tests), we now have it 10/15 times on the same test suite. Any idea of what can make this crash happening more now (scheduler change, so more races?)

I'll let Alexander comment, but I'm a little bit vary of pushing a non polished 5.2 transitions on top of a situation where we can't publish, but let's see…

Cheers,
Didier