Re: How to build Ubuntu Touch for Nexus 4

Hi Sergio,

Am 12.03.14 17:17, schrieb Sergio Schvezov:
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Mathias Bauer <mathias_bauer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I want to build a Ubuntu Touch for Nexus 4 by myself as an exercise to start
into the world of Ubuntu Touch porting.

I tried to follow the instructions found here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Building

So I got the code by calling

phablet-dev-bootstrap [target_directory]

Can you add '--sources aosp' to that?

After that step the instructions let me think that there should be a file

[target_directory]/device/lge/mako/extract_files.sh

But there isn't even a "mako" under device/lge directory.

Maybe I misunderstood the instructions, so I would be glad to get an
expanation.

No misunderstanding; it just hasn't been updated; That part of the
instructions is outdated (follos CyanogenMod's way of doing things).

You basically need to follow
http://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html#obtaining-proprietary-binaries

Thanks for the hint; I'll update the wiki.

Thanks, I will try all that and report back.

Regards,
Mathias