Re: Landing team 14.03.14

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Sergio Schvezov
<sergio.schvezov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>>> mentioned yesterday) and Dave didn't find any new issues as well.
>>>

>>> Then, we started an epic transition to Qt 5.2: 122 packages were rebuilt in
>>> the archive, some last minute code and crash fixes entered as well as some
>>> tests fixes. Some tweaks to get everything migrated in the release pocket
>>> was done (as some components are not building - temporary as we'll get more
>>> fixes next week - anymore on some architectures). This is the biggest
>>> landing for CI Train we ever had (and it removed a lot of locks ;)), and we
>>> had to work on multiple unseen last minute issues of course at every level.
>>> I want to thanks everyone involved in helping in one way or another into
>>> that tremendous work spanning over multiple hours of continuous effort!
>>>
>>> Once Qt 5.2 was promoted, we still had more work to proceed):
>>>
>>> 0. messaging-app (in progress)
>>> To avoid getting AP tests failures on the new image, some fixes are in
>>> messaging-app trunk and this is getting tested and released in the archive
>>> as we speak.
>>>
>>> 1. Framework update: fundations (done)
>>> However, this was not the end of the story: we had to bump (after some
>>> random poking around first and with a real fix then) the ubuntu framework as
>>> the Qt 5.2 ABI breakage is not backward compatible. Some click apps in the
>>> store needs to be rebuilt.
>>>
>>> 2. Framework update: click store (in progress)
>>> To get the click apps rebuilt but still available with the previous
>>> framework, the store has to be able to accept new frameworks. This is
>>> getting implemented as we speak.
>>>
>>> 3. Core apps updates (depends on 2.)
>>> New click packages for applications that are not going to work without a
>>> rebuild or test fixes on the default will be uploaded to the click store.
>>> Those are:
>>> * camera-app
>>> * gallery-app
>>> * notes-app (with some fixes merged to trunk for AP tests)
>>> * music-app
>>> * ubuntu-terminal-app.
>>>
>>> They will all be bumped to be dependent on the new framework
>>> (ubuntu-sdk-14.04-dev1, policy: 1.1). Note that applications that don't need
>>> a rebuild (basically pure-QML applications and html5 applications) don't
>>> need to update their manifest as the phone declares as well the previous
>>> framework.
>>>
>>> 4. New image with Qt 5.2 (depends on all above for image #238)
>>> A new image will be kicked with all that shiny new code and fixes! Some
>>> dogfooding will occur by the usual suspects to assess the state of that
>>> image.
>>
>> We're just missing a newer gallery-app, as a rebuild didn't fix it (it
>> seems something changed in libclick that broke it somehow, as it can't
>> find the app path properly, waiting for sergio for more news on that).
>
> The bug was in the gallery app itself; a review is open; with luck,
> should land an hour or so after approved.
> Given how it was fixed; I don't understand how it worked before though...

Well fixed and built it is; seems to be store issues which prevent it
from moving forward. When trying to upload a new version I get:

OOPS-b297c7ef56c04134a165b24cc3bdd5d3

There's a stale version up for review that somehow has framework None
in the changeset; might be the reason, but without backend support not
sure we can not do much. Popey and myself are out of ideas.