Ubuntu system settings status update

Hey everyone,

It has been a while since the settings team didn't send a status update, here is a summary of what kept us busy during that time

* Testing

In saucy we had a rather low number of tests, we spent quite some this cycle to fix that. We have now over 50 integration tests and mocks for some of the services we are using. There is still work to be done but things are already much nicer that they used to be!

* New system-update settings (including click updates next)

That panel got quite some refactoring. The UI now matches the new design and the backend is ready to get support for click updates. Work is ongoing on integrating click updates in that panel and should land soon (merging was blocked on getting integration tests written. Those are available since yesterday, from what we have been told, should be reviewed soon)

* Initial support for initial wizard got merged

The first run wizard work is ongoing. It has been decided to include that feature in the settings tree since some of the UI and backends are common to both projects. We commited an initial codebase for that, the code is not being installed/used yet but having it available means we can get code reviews and do local testing more easily

* Background panel improvements

The installed wallpapers are now listed in an "Ubuntu Art" gallery (that's quite empty on the phone though, since we don't include wallpapers on the touch image)

* Support for sharing informations with the greeter

We added support for writing settings to accountsservice, that's require to make those shared with the greeter

* Design review

The current implementation has been reviewed, by our designer, and bugs have been filled for the different issues spotted. Our bug list is on https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings/+bugs for those who are curious about the details.

* Improvements and bug fixes

We continued bug fixing and polish work as well, the changes include:
- switch from qmake to cmake, now it's possible to cross-compile the settings
- listing available updates on the main settings grid
- enabled controls of the new osk options (language, keyboard sound, word corrections)
- use of the new powerd dbus interfaces
- lot of other smalls details, check the commit logs if you are interested

That's it for this time!

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher