What is the best way to install a current (trusty) build of Ubuntu Touch?

Hi,

with the help of David Peter I made a successful build for my Nexus 4. It needed to bring some information from different places together, but finally I got 4 images and a zip file freshly build. I also downloaded trusty-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip from the daily-preinstalled builds.

Now I tried to install them to my device. I followed the instructions at

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Building

but none of the two worked if followed verbally, probably because they are missing something that an expert will know but a newbie like me will omit.

So I tried a more elaborate instruction set at

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install

that I adjusted a bit because sometimes the recommendation to call adb reboot recovery couldn't work and I started the recovery mode by launching the bootloader and switching to recovery mode there.

Here's what I did:

adb reboot fastboot

fastboot flash recovery out/target/product/mako/recovery.img
fastboot flash boot out/target/product/mako/boot.img
fastboot flash system out/target/product/mako/system.img

Boot device into recovery mode (bootloader->recovery).

adb push out/target/product/mako/cm-10.1-20140319-UNOFFICIAL-mako.zip /sdcard/autodeploy.zip

adb reboot recovery

This will boot Cyanogen mod, but it will hang at the boot screen (of course). As described at Touch/Building I then restarted the recovery mode (bootloader->recovery).

Then I installed the Ubuntu bits:

adb push /path/to/your/downloaded/trusty-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip /sdcard/autodeploy.zip

adb reboot recovery

And now I'm again seeing Cyanogen mod ...

Now I'm at a loss. Any help would be very welcome.

Best regards,
Mathias

Follow ups