Re: Landing team meeting 19.03.14

* Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> #246:

Just a short note about today's images.  Image 247 had a small
regression which broke thumbnails (in the video carousel,
possibly elsewhere too).  We got a fix tested from silo though,
and the fix seems to be included in image 248.

I've also noticed that our media player doesn't seem to support
very many video codecs.  I had difficulty finding videos it can
actually play.  This most likely isn't a regression, but it'd be
awfully nice if we could add in the full lavc / ffmpeg codec set,
and be able to play practically every video format ever made.

That is, assuming the hardware can handle it.  I think we're
still using software decoders, considering that my battery charge
level actually went down during playback even though it was
plugged in.  (and that was on a low-bitrate 640x352 video;
probably drains faster with HD video)

(would also be pretty cool if we could include support for
mounting nfs and samba shares directly and playing media from
them)

-- Selene