Re: Landing team 21.03.2014

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Sam Bull <sam.hacking@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On sab, 2014-03-22 at 16:30 +0000, Sam Bull wrote:
>> Upon updating to image 250, I have several apps that don't run. This
>> includes Calendar, Music and Terminal. Clicking on them opens a white
>> screen, swiping back to apps shows nothing open. Additionally, the
>> Calendar app is on my dash, and has no icon in the dash.
>
> OK, so tried running music through adb, and this is the error I get:
>         qmlscene: could not exec
>         '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt4/bin/qmlscene': No such file or
>         directory
>
> Shouldn't it be qt5? The app version appears to be 1.1.359. There are no
> updates in the update manager.

Yes, but you shouldn't be running it this way; does running:

adb shell
sudo -iu phablet
upstart-app-launch com.ubuntu.music_music_1.1.359

work?

The installed version can be checked by running
click list | grep music

Can you check the desktop file for music? Pastebinit or add to the bug
mentioned before:
cat ~phablet/.local/share/applications/com.ubuntu.music_music_1.1.359.desktop

Also pastebin or add the output of:
click list --manifest

Check that
click pkgdir com.ubuntu.music
matches the path in the desktop file

Also add
find /var/lib/apparmor -ls

I had the issue that upon upgrading, some apps stopped working; no one
could reproduce it though and since I fiddle a lot with installing and
removing clicks (it's my main device after all) I am not to keen wipe
it either :-)

fwiw, my issue is that the apparmor link for music was incorrect.

>> Also, our Bitcoin app is no longer showing dates in the transactions
>> view. It still works on the desktop though, so I don't know what's
>> changed to break that. Any ideas?
>
> Also ran this from adb, and there are no errors relating to the date.
> Maybe because of read-only FS, I am unable to edit the QML file on the
> device, so I'm unable to print out what is actually happening in the
> function that formats the date.

You should be able to edit as root for non preinstalled apps without
escaping from read only