Fwd: .click release procedures blocking in-archive development, for 4 weeks and counting. (python2 removal)

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ricardo Kirkner <ricardo.kirkner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] .click release procedures blocking
in-archive development, for 4 weeks and counting. (python2 removal)
To: Martin Albisetti <argentina@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Sergio Schvezov <sergio.schvezov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dimitri John
Ledkov <xnox@xxxxxxxxxx>, ubuntu-phone
<ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Good news..

The API has been updated to scan new uploads and the reference client
implementation (lp:click-toolbelt) has also been updated to use the
new API.
A new release (0.3) of click-toolbelt has also been published to PyPI.

The new API is served at the same endpoint as the old upload api, but
takes an extra query string parameter to indicate that scanning is
desired (this was done to keep the endpoint backwards compatible until
we decide to remove the old approach completely). That is, POSTing to

https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com/dev/api/click-upload/<package_name>/?extract=1

will cause the uploaded binary file to be scanned to validate the
package and extract the new arch, framework and version number. If a
metadata file is also provided during the upload, it will be used to
extract the changelog.

For more details on how to use the api, please look at the reference
client (click-toolbelt).

cheers,
Ricardo

--