Re: Landing team 07.04.14

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  If you look at the dashboard, those crashers are there for nearly a month
> (mentioned in previous landing emails, not actioned though). So I doubt
> it's the cause. You have the same crashers even when the tests are passing.
> In the last four images, we have the test failing twice. Maybe you can add
> more debug info in the test itself and let the infrastructure running it?
> Those info will be always valuable if you don't have enough right now in
> intermittent failure.

The problem is that we are blind, so there's no good place to put more
debug info. The only thing that helps in these cases is to get a screenshot
of the state of the screen at the moment of the exception. If the app is
open and the hang button is visible, then we check why autopilot doesn't
see it. If the hang button is not visible, then we check the script that
makes the fake call. If the app is closed, then we check the crash. There
could be something completely unexpected happening.

I'll run it some more times to see if I find something.
--
¡paz y baile!
http://www.ubuntu.com