Re: Landing process, restoring "trunk" for development

On 9 Apr 2014, at 15:08 , James Henstridge <james.henstridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Things would be a lot simpler if we could use the trunk branch as we
> did before and have the CI Train process manage a separate production
> branch.

I strongly agree with this. In addition, it is awfully easy to submit an MR to the wrong branch by mistake because, in Launchpad, trunk is the default merge target. If I forget to click the radio button for the devel branch, I've accidentally pushed to trunk. Fixing that mistake isn't the end of the world, but it takes time to notice the mistake, more time to rectify it, and it generates annoying email noise for everyone.

Michi.