Re: Landing team 08.04.14

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 08.04.2014, 18:26 +0200 schrieb Didier Roche:
>
>> **  When using multiple webapps they crash randomly, if there is only
>> one app remaining, this one starts being replaced when new ones start
>> (Kevin)
>> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1303676
>> -> it has been retargeted to unity-mir
>
> definitely not (only) a unity-mir issue and most likely two bugs (like
> we just discussed in the meeting) ...
> 1) the webapp-container starts apps twice (or re-execs them) ...
> 2) the containers hit OOM at some point (apart from the fact they
> shouldnt OOM just randomly, only the initializing process gets killed
> and the subsequent forks (and their oxide processes) keep running)

We have another problem that we're not properly setting the oom score
in our lifecycle, as currently the system services all have minor
priority when comparing to user session jobs (and apps).

So in case the low-memory-killer kicks in, you might have weird
behaviors as it might be killing random system services.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo