Re: Autopilot / UpstartAppLaunch and Secondary applications

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 2:49 AM, Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Where what it does is request a shutdown, and then the stopped signal
> comes when the application is completely removed. This makes sense for the
> shell where it doesn't want to block on stopping an app, but perhaps not as
> good for autopilot in cases where it is stopping and starting apps quickly.

So I think we could introduce a function that is something like
stop_sync()or you guys could make that part of the autopilot flow. I
think that
> autopilot will be the only user, but I'm fine putting it in either location
> if blocking is okay for you.

WRT the stopping issue, I've created this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/autopilot/+bug/1305320

and this MP:

https://code.launchpad.net/~thomir/autopilot/trunk-make-upstart-stop-blocking/+merge/215037

I'll work on getting it released ASAP. We still need to solve the second
issue though...

--
Thomi Richards
thomi.richards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx