Re: Autopilot / UpstartAppLaunch and Secondary applications

On Wed, 2014-04-09 at 11:22 -0600, Leo Arias wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>         I think that the issue isn't with start but with stop.
>         Autopilot is calling stop and expecting the app to be stopped
>         after that call returns. Where what it does is request a
>         shutdown, and then the stopped signal comes when the
>         application is completely removed. This makes sense for the
>         shell where it doesn't want to block on stopping an app, but
>         perhaps not as good for autopilot in cases where it is
>         stopping and starting apps quickly.
>
>         So I think we could introduce a function that is something
>         like stop_sync() or you guys could make that part of the
>         autopilot flow. I think that autopilot will be the only user,
>         but I'm fine putting it in either location if blocking is okay
>         for you.
>
> I think that's one of the problems. But even if we sleep until the
> application process is stopped, we can't start the app again. I've
> tried with a pdb between tests. The only way I could launch the
> application again with /start/ was with a long press on the
> application screenshot in the recent category, and then closing it
> from the (X) button.

I think that we may be using different views of "started again." For me
that is getting a PID allocated, but I think you might be saying that it
doesn't show up in the application list. Ken filled a bug today that
might be related, I believe that it's on queue for tomorrow to be
investigated.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1305128

Ted