Landing team 24.04.14

Hey,

No image produced today. However, we got most of the queue waiting in UNAPPROVED with SRUs accepted to -proposed (still some more coming). Once they will migrate to -updates in a week, we can build again a trusty-based image.

Meanwhile, we prepared the train to work in the utopic unicorn land! Everything is ready and some testing silos were fired up successfully. We are waiting for the release to be officially opened to trigger real production builds with it.

Finally, we got the CI Train bot announced, that will softly whistle when some actions are needed! (see https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg07804.html). First feedbacks since the beta stage has been great!

Some news from the QA team on the noticeable known issues:
* Important bugs to look at:
** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event loop stopping when the device is suspend) (Kevin)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1292306
-> It wasn't released with latest Mir. Another Mir landing with the fix is under testing and progress (in a silo).

** New scopes performance needs to be improved (Kevin for unity8 and Thomas for unity-scopes-shell)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297197
This explains most of the chopiness and some temporary lagginess we have seen in the Unity 8 UI past weeks with the new scopes (frames skipped while scrolling scopes and when switching between scopes).
-> We got some fixes in #301 which got the situation better.
Thomas' team is going to look at the scope-shell side of it.

* Issues not impacting on the user experience:
** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu/+bug/1297900
-> Boiko has a branch for it which needs to be released once ready.
-> It seems it's still not there, Bill, any news?

** Clock flaky test (Julien, Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1307458
-> Leo wasn't able to reproduce it despite multiple try. The autopilot team will invest in video recording of failing tests which should give a hint for later.

** New dialer-app flaky test (Julien, Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/dialer-app/+bug/1303681
-> another flaky test appeared as well last week (added to the same bug, Lukasz analyzed and think it's the same). Upstream thinks it's due to the dialer-app crashes and are working on it.

** Autopilot test flakyness in test_add_photo (Julien, Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1304950
-> Chris Gagnon has started to refactor and clean up the gallery tests.

Cheers,
Didier