Re: Landing team 29.04.14

* Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After gathering feedback from two dogfooders and analyzing the
> test results from smoketesting, we decided that the quality of
> the image is stable, with no new regressions sneaking in. The
> #2 image includes mostly the yesterday-mentioned Qt fixes.

No regressions on Nexus 4 mako, anyway.  On utopic image 4
tonight I found something on the Nexus 7 flo which might be a
regression.  When I start the dialer app, it takes about a full
minute to display anything.  However, this Nexus 7 has no cell
phone hardware inside so the dialer app isn't really useful.

Utopic image 4, Nexus 7 flo:

Recently-fixed issues:  (old, but confirmed working on flo)

  - http://pad.lv/1305834 - headers appear overlaid on web apps

  - http://pad.lv/1273781 - Account settings app cannot be
    re-opened after being killed.

Doesn't happen on Nexus 7, but still happens on N4:

  - http://pad.lv/1288552 - indicator menus cancel current scope
    activity (smaller screens only?)

New bugs found:

  - The dialer app takes about 60 seconds to display anything
    after launching.  This happened five out of five times that I
    tried it.  However, it could be stuck looking for cell phone
    hardware which isn't there.  (dialer app isn't very useful on
    a non-cellphone device)

    On a Nexus 4 mako, the dialer app opens in about 3 seconds
    with this image.

Old bugs still present:

  - http://pad.lv/1292306 - Qt event loop bug, interferes with
    music and alarms and such. (blocker)

  - http://pad.lv/1306499 - Sound indicator is very laggy during
    playback.  (probably important)

  - http://pad.lv/1288332 - can't disable auto-rotate or make it
    less sensitive

  - Wired headset buttons do nothing.

  - http://pad.lv/1314518 - App scope searches only display two
    items.

  - In scope search results, the bottom is hidden by the keyboard
    and can't be accessed by scrolling.

  - http://pad.lv/1248973 - Location and GPS box don't stay
    checked.

  - http://pad.lv/1287736 - Account settings app behaves
    strangely on both open and close.

  - http://pad.lv/1307235 - gallery app is useless for comics
    (needs a way to sort ascibetically, organize by directory)

-- Selene