Re: Landing team 05.04.14

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Leo Arias <leo.arias@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ** Rss reader flaky test (Julien):
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1314531
>
> This one works in trunk.
> It's the result of lack of testability and a bad automation strategy. All
> the tests in the RSS reader depend on an external feed, and when it changes,
> all the tests fail. Thats
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1248737
> I just had time to update the expected values on the tests, so it will
> happen again when the feed changes.

Webbrowser-app has a way of running a local HTTP server during tests
in order to test different conditions without requiring an external
network connection, you might copy that idea to avoid this issue in
the future:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/+branch/webbrowser-app/view/head:/tests/autopilot/webbrowser_app/tests/http_server.py

Or, at the very least, change the test URL to something that you
control, so it won't change out from under you...