Re: Landing team 05.04.14

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Robert Park <robert.park@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Webbrowser-app has a way of running a local HTTP server during tests
> in order to test different conditions without requiring an external
> network connection, you might copy that idea to avoid this issue in
> the future:
>

> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/+branch/webbrowser-app/view/head:/tests/autopilot/webbrowser_app/tests/http_server.py
>
> Or, at the very least, change the test URL to something that you
> control, so it won't change out from under you...

It's a little more difficult than the webbrowser because what we would have
to fake is the google feed api. And we'll need to do a little QML because
it's hardcoded here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-rssreader-dev/ubuntu-rssreader-app/trunk/view/head:/GoogleFeedApi.qml#L39

Chris Gagnon did some research on what was needed, so it's clear how to do
it. What we are missing is free time or more hands because on the RSS we
are focusing for now on cleaning the existing tests.

What's important is that this shows that people always have to talk to
their assigned friendly QA engineer during the planning of the projects. At
this moment it's not so easy to add testability to things like the RSS; but
it's really hard to do it for things like reminders which is tightly
coupled with evernote.

pura vida.
--
¡paz y baile!