Re: Nexus 4 root partition

hi,
Am Montag, den 12.05.2014, 17:39 +0200 schrieb Michael Zanetti:
> On Thursday 08 May 2014 14:35:10 Oliver Grawert wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > Am Donnerstag, den 08.05.2014, 08:29 -0400 schrieb Jim Hodapp:
> > > Even easier, get a copy of resize2fs for armhf, adb push it to the
> > > target in recovery mode, and run the following:
> > >

> > > e2fsck -fy /data/system.img
> > > ./resize2fs /data/system.img 3000M
> > > reboot
> >
> > that wont work without physically resizing the img file .... sadly the
> > dd in androids recovery filesystem cant handle files bigger than 2G and
> > is limited in other ways too  ... which is why i proposed the adb
> > pull/push ...
>

> This seems to work just fine for me. Did that quite often already, usually even
> setting the size to 5G.

from the resize2fs manpage:

"The resize2fs program does not manipulate the size of partitions.  If
you wish to enlarge a filesystem, you must make sure you can expand the
size of the underlying partition first. "

so while various people pinged me about it already and it seems to work
fine I'm actually wondering if we see a bug (either in the binary by
touching the partition while it shouldn't or with the documentation of
resize2fs being out of date)

ciao
	oli