Landing team 12.05.04

Hello everyone!

During the weekend we had a few images built: #20, #21 and #22 - with
the last one getting promoted for your convenience!

Dogfooding wise #22 was generally ok. The only problem that might become
slightly visible is the slow downfall of the messaging indicator. It
seems that the indicator does not show new message notifications all the
time. The bug is here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/telephony-service/+bug/1318724
The issue is not new, as it was visible in older promoted images as
well, but Dave mentions it's getting worse and worse.

We decided to promote because of the state of the last promoted image
(#20). Because of the regression that slipped through our watch, we had
to re-promote an older image for users to not to have a broken
experience back then, so the last promoted image is not entirely
up-to-date. #22 was good enough, so we decided it is very much worth
promoting!

In the meantime, we noticed more and more autopilot failures recently on
mako. We might put more pressure on getting those fixed before promoting
another image, so please be sure to take a look at those if you can.

New flaky/broken tests have bugs assigned and are added to the list below:

* Known issues:
** New scopes performance needs to be improved (Kevin for unity8 and
Thomas for unity-scopes-shell)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297197
-> A fix is approved, waiting for release:
https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity8/dynamic_specialized_cards/+merge/218089

** Dialer app not letting ending a call when returning a missed one (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dialer-app/+bug/1316662

* Issues not impacting user experience:
** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
The idea is to first land:
https://code.launchpad.net/~gerboland/unity-mir/fix-upstart-closed-apps2
Then, landing;
https://code.launchpad.net/~boiko/dialer-app/autopilot_upstart <- this
is still under progress
 -> Still waiting for this to move forward o/

** Clock flaky test (Julien, Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1307458
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1314533
 -> As I have been informed, the problem is caused by an UITK regression
- it is being worked on

** Weather-app constant flakyness
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-weather-app/+bug/1318676
 -> NEW on the list

** Gallery app test failure (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1318596
 -> NEW on the list

** RSS Reader test failures
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1318700
 -> NEW on the list

** File manager flaky test (Julien)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1316677
 -> Those seem to be fixed now, although sometimes we encounter some
flakyness still...

Thanks!

Best regards,

--