Landing team 20.05.14

Hi everyone!

Still no promotions today, sadly. We still have no solid hints on the
WiFi issue, and we also found 2 other big regressions that appeared
since last promotion. So, our current 'blockers':

* No contacts shown in dialer or messaging apps
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/messaging-app/+bug/1321211
# The problem seems to come from the last qtpim landing, the fix for
that is ready in a silo

* After flashing, wifi network defaults to off
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-network/+bug/1320780
# Still investigated... Mathieu is on it

* ABI break in content-hub causing issues with gallery-app
# Ken said that a fix is incoming - we will revert the big landing if
that does not happen soon

We had image #39 built, which had a new click scope, new hybris and the
new qtpim upload. We kicked the build of #40 just now, with a new unity8
and other lovely additions.

As a note, if we won't be in a promotable state till the end of tomorrow
we might have to switch to the so-called TRAINCON-0. This would
basically mean that all big landings will require QA sign-off before
landing.
Let's work hard together to get things unblocked and an image promoted
and avoid that if we can!

In the autopilot front, the results are varying. The test suites with
flaky tests in them seem to really jump up and down - for instance, on
one run the clock-app test suite ended up even with 8 failures! Doesn't
look too good.

The well known list:

* Known issues:

 ^^ See above ^^

* Issues not impacting user experience:
** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
https://code.launchpad.net/~boiko/dialer-app/autopilot_upstart
 -> The unity-mir bits have landed in the archive, now time for the
dialer-app part

** Clock flaky test (Julien, Alan)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1319401
 -> Still seems to be a problem - and the number of failures we're
getting varies

** Gallery app test failure (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1318596
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1319927
 -> Real regression, branch still ready for review

** RSS Reader test failures (Nicholas)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1318700
 -> Still no movement here, Nicholas - can we get someone assigned here?
 -> We need some information here...

** File manager flaky test (Julien)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1316677
 -> Still happening, Alan mentions some white screens while running the
tests - but nothing else is known...

As another note, I might be considering changing the tactics on
'informing about issues' and autopilot test problems. There are some
ideas on how to improve our current approach since although using the
'issue list' generally doesn't work that bad, not everyone seems to be
putting that much attention to it. There are some teams that do it
better, some don't.

Let's see!

Anyway, let's move forward :)

Best regards,