Landing team 22.05.14

Hi everyone,

Some good news today! After a tough battle we were able to get all our
blocking issues fixed, build image #44, dogfood it and finally -
promote! This image is what we've been waiting for. There are some
issues though which everyone should take into consideration.

First thing: the WiFi off after upgrade/flash has been fixed. There is a
certain case where you will still end up with a WiFi disabled after OTA
updates. If you have been using any of the broken images before and
upgrade OTA, most probably you will have to switch the WiFi switch
yourself after the upgrade is done. This is a minor thing, but we wanted
to make sure it's known.

Selene also found a big issue with camera support in our recent images.
Sadly, this bug was already present in our last promoted image. The
problem seems to be visible when making pictures with flash enabled,
resulting in near-completely black photos. The issue has been added to
our list below.

But enough talking about bad stuff. Image #44 has a lot of good changes
since the last promoted image, which was #28. It would be really hard to
list all those changes, so just try it and we hope you'll enjoy it as
much as we do.

With this promotion we also go down from TRAINCON-0, so today and
tomorrow landings go back to normal. Currently we are a bit low on silos
but we hope things will start moving again pretty soon.

The image also got much more green. Many fixes for many issues have
landed, so most dialer-app failures are gone; same for the clock-app
failure we've been haunted by. And it will be even better in the next
images! Let's try getting a green image till the end of the week o/

I would like to thank everyone that worked hard to get this image into a
promotable state. The developers and dogfooders who stayed overnight to
get things into shape - kudos!

* Known issues:
** Pictures taken with flash are almost completely black (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/camera-app/+bug/1322121
 -> Just identified

* Issues not impacting user experience:
** High CPU usage observed across EDS and indicator-datetime causing
clock app tests to fail
https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-datetime/+bug/1321775

** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
https://code.launchpad.net/~boiko/dialer-app/autopilot_upstart
 -> The unity-mir bits have landed in the archive, now time for the
dialer-app part

** Gallery app test failure (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1319927
 -> Part of the fix landed, 1 test failure remaining - fix for that
scheduled

** RSS Reader test failures (Nicholas)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1318700
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1321680
 -> Related to an UITK bug

** File manager flaky test (Julien)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1316677
 -> Still happening, application might crash during tests causing the
failures

Thanks!

Best regards,

--